Do your sales associates at your business “Wow” your customers? Do your customers smile as they leave your business with their shopping bags in hand?
Our Visit to An Apple Store:
Last weekend my husband and I went to the Apple store in MacArthur Center in Norfolk, Virginia at 11am to purchase several Apple products we had researched. The store was very crowded with customers when we arrived.
At the door of the Apple store, a sales associate wearing an Apple logo shirt, greeted us with a smile of welcome, and remembered us from our last visit. She tapped in our names into her Apple phone screen sending an email to another associate to assist us.
A minute later, one of the 11 sales associates in the store, smiled, and asked us what we needed after shaking our hands and introducing themselves. When the sales associate didn’t know the answer they quickly excused themselves and asked another sales associate for assistance and came back with the information within two minutes.
We made our purchases in less than 15 minutes. We bought an Apple TV Package, a cable to connect the Apple TV, and an Apple watchband.
What three things did the Apple Store sales associates do to “Wow” us as customers?
1) Their sales associates had positive attitudes, were likeable, and we trusted them.
2) Their sales associate “listened” to what we wanted and needed in the Apple product and told us the benefits of the product and how much it would cost. The sales associate had the solution to our problem.
3) The sales associate had a passion and eagerness to share their knowledge of their Apple products with us. The sales associate knew everything about their products and if they did not know the answer to our question they quickly excused themselves and asked another sales associate for assistance and came back with the information within two minutes.
What are three steps you need at your business to “Wow” your customers?
1) Your well-trained sales associates “greet” your customers at the door with a smile, wearing your store uniform to identify them, (Apple logo on shirt), introduce themselves, ask for your customers name, shake their hand, and ask what service the customer needs.
2) Your sales associates eagerly and politely assist your customers as quickly as possible. We were assisted within “a minute”. When your sales associate does not know the answer to your customers’ question, they quickly excuse themselves, and ask another sales associate for assistance and come back with the information within two minutes.
3) You business should have enough well-trained sales associates to help your customers. There were 11 well-trained sales associates at the Apple Store each in charge of different aspects of the sale. One sales associate brought the products to us. The well-trained sales associates at the Apple Store worked together as a team.
To “Wow” your customers at your business just like the Apple Store, train your sales associates following the above 3 steps and your business will “wow” your customers too!
Madeline Frank, Ph.D. is an Amazon.com Best Selling Author, speaker, business owner, teacher, and concert artist. She helps businesses and organizations “Tune Up their Business”. Her observations show you the blue prints necessary to improve and keep your business successful. Her latest book “Leadership On A Shoestring Budget” is available everywhere books are sold. If you need a speaker contact Madeline at: firstname.lastname@example.org